Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy)

Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy) - Laini Taylor I have recently returned from a trip to Karratha in Western Australia to see my future in-laws. When I left last Wednesday from Newcastle, little did I know that the 24 hour total travel time would be such a fucking hell hole, but I did have one good thing which was this book. I pick it up from the bookstore at the local airport completely at random and am now delighted that I did.

I read half of it on the way to Karratha and the rest of it on the way home.

As an aside, I don't suggest flying from the most far point from Karratha in Australia to Karratha and back... it's a bitch of a ride.

I digress.

This book was fucking amazing. It really was. I actually had to read the summary of the first book on Wikipedia before going into this one because it had been such a long time since I had read it. But from what I remember, this book was better which is saying something because most second books fall flat of the first.

I don't really have time to elaborate more than to just say this: I really felt Karou's pain. The wretched shame and guiltiness and regret and remorse. Oh I felt it. Even now, days after finishing it and sitting at work during my lunch hour, my eyes are welling up with tears thinking about the pain and heartache Karou went through. Really well done Taylor. That was fucking brilliant and you are a master at your craft.

Thank you for your amazing story. Karou is real to me, and I love her.