The Magician's Apprentice - Trudi Canavan This book was a simple, fast and predictable read. It was not very difficult to transverse through page after page... after page. At first, I was just extremely bored with the book as a whole. The beginning is frighteningly similar to Kaladin's beginning in The Way of Kings and that turned me off to the story as I had just read Sanderson's book the previous week.I understand that this book is a prequel to the Black Magician's Trilogy. I understand even further that this book was written after that series was published. The same happened little more than half way through the Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan with his prequel, New Spring. Even though Jordan's prequel was well received by myself, it was still just a beginning story to the main plot line. The same may be said for this book, and the rest of the series could be much more interesting and better written. If not for that fact, I would probably not pick up another Canavan book. Therefore, I have placed [b:The Magicians' Guild|28249|The Magicians' Guild (Black Magician Trilogy, #1)|Trudi Canavan|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/412JET6SXJL._SL75_.jpg|2122284] on my list of books to read in 2011. It is my hope that The Magicians' Guild will give me that bit more that I wished to see from The Magician's Apprentice.