Abhorsen (Old Kingdom Trilogy, #3) - Garth Nix I have put off reading this book for a number of weeks now. This is only because at the time of putting down Lirael, I had more pressing projects to conquer. To pick this book up when I did, I was excited and knew that my reading it was long overdue.I was expecting an amazing ending to this over-achieving series, and I was not disappointed. There were some aspects of the story that were predictable, yet there were just as many that were not. I still to this day find it incredibly hard to believe that this series is meant for pre-teens. I still have a hard time understanding exactly what Free Magic is versus Charter Magic, and I would imagine that a pre-teen would have a more difficult time.I do have one critique of the story: Chlorr. Who is she? Mogget nearly called her an Abhorsen (or I think he did), yet this isn't explained at all at the end. I wish I knew who she was and how she tied in to the story. That is my one, and only, problem with the story, however. The rest was amazingly written and made for such a good read.I do not think there are many other young adult series out there that can match the wonderful story written out in the Old Kingdom Trilogy.One thing I would like to add: Being in my early twenties, I do not yet consider myself "well read." I also only ever read for the pleasure of reading. Therefore, I do not know the "tools" with which writers have at their disposal with the written word. I say this because I have heard it said that a book can be taken down a notch by being written in the first person rather than the third person, and I have never really understood why (this has been said a lot about fantasy novels). However, I finally understand what most mean when they say this. The Old Kingdom Trilogy is made so much better by the fact that it is written in third person, and Nix does a marvelous job with it. It would not be the same story what-so-ever if written from the perspective of Sabriel.