Anna Dressed in Blood - Kendare Blake Anna Dressed in Blood was not the book for me. There are many of my friends here on Goodreads that love this book, but, unfortuantely, I cannot say that it had the same impact on me. For some reason, coming into the book, I was expecting that story was going to be rather scary or a bit of a horror story. It really wasn't, though. To be fair, I think this book would be really lovely for someone around the age of thirteen or more towards the younger part of the "young adult" genre. The reason why I think this is because, well, the story just seemed to skim the surface. There wasn't really any deep, meaningful characterisation or a long drawn out plot or anything like that at all. In fact, the only part of the book that I did like was the beginning scene which was the most drawn out part of the whole book. That scene was fantastic! I wish the rest of the book was constructed the same way.Don't get me wrong, there were good things about the book. Like I said, I think a younger version of myself would really enjoy this book, but I just couldn't get over the simplistic nature of the novel. I found Cas to be annoying and... a bit odd and not in a good way. I felt that his interactions with the other characters of the novel to be strange. He would think insulting thoughts about one character one minute, then call that character his best friend the next. I was left with a sense of confusion, and I couldn't really pinpoint who Cas really was as a character (the main interaction I am speaking of is with Thomas, but I am too lazy to go back and quote anything about this - it is especially hard to do this in e-book version as I didn't bookmark or highlight any of these interactions). I felt Cas was insulting, rude and, from my perspective, an inconsistent character. It felt almost as if he didn't act to his "nature." Carmel was also a bit annoying. Actually, I felt all the characters to be annoying. I can't really specifically say what it was that bothered me about the characters, but I just didn't like them much. Well, I tell a lie now that I think about it. I did like one character. Anna. Anna is so badass! She's lovely! In badass ghost form that is... I wasn't really found of her later on in the book.The plot was ok. It went too fast and was too simple. There were also a lot of things about the story I didn't understand. Is Cas really the only one who can do what he does? What is the anthem? How can Anna be what she is and what she turns into? I just wanted more. Oh well, though. It is what it is, and I am sure that a lot of people will enjoy this book. I just wasn't one of them.