Lirael: Daughter of the Clayr (Abhorsen Trilogy Series #2)

Lirael: Daughter of the Clayr (Abhorsen Trilogy Series #2) - So, what did I think of this book?Frankly, I think this series is one of the best written stories I've read. I still have fond memories of reading Sabriel, and this book will find a place in my heart and mind right along with the first book. Lirael was a nice surprise in the series. Even though it continued along with the first story, it contains different main characters in a different time. You get to see Sabriel and Touchstone much older and actually ruling their Kingdom together. It was great to see a sufficient ending for both of them, and it was also great to move on to other characters within the world. Along with these new characters, Nix delves even more into the world philosophy and magic. The reader learns more about the world of the Old Kingdom through the eyes of Lirael and Sameth. I loved the way the book took its time to really explore Lirael and Sameth as characters. By the end, I felt as if I knew Sameth and especially Lirael like two dearest friends. Sameth's character is quite annoying, but realistic. He has fears that would be normal to a kid his age, and it was nice to see that in comparison to Lirael's strong character and will. I frankly loved Lirael, and I think I will love her just as much as I loved Sabriel. The surprise ending was nice as well, and I am looking forward to seeing where it leads in Abhorsen.Lastly, I am not sure what to think of both Mogget and The Disreputable Dog. They have piqued my interest, and yet I do not think we, as the readers, fully know what is going on there. What exactly are they? Is Mogget really as evil as he appears to be and the Dog as good to Lirael? There is a lot of unanswered questions there, and I hope they are answered in the next book.I still find it extremely difficult to believe that this story is meant for seven to nine year olds. I would have had nightmares about this book at the age, and in fact, I had a nightmare about this book last night after I finished reading it! The ideas in it are, frankly, scary.I am really looking forward to finishing the series, and I have Abhorsen sitting right in front of me ready to read. I cannot wait!