Fallen (Lauren Kate's Fallen Series #1)

Fallen - Lauren Kate When I was younger, around the age of eleven, I read my first romance novel. The book was The Love Slave, and it was one of the very numerous romance novels my mother stashed away in the basement. I loved the book, and it paved the way for many years striving after the perfect man who was going to give me pure-perfect love.Fast forward many years. That insatiable strive to find that perfect guy always depicted in those romance novels has caused me lots of pain and heartache and tremendous amounts of growing up. I have long ago given up those romance novels, but I do have to say that books like Twilight and this book here still perk up that long-ago love for reading about true love.Fallen had a really good story that held me all the way to the end and left me wanting more. The plot was interesting and did not seem cliche to me at all. Reading about Daniel and Luce's love, I have to admit, made my heart swell just a little, and left me remembering why I loved reading romance novels throughout my early teenage years.I thought Daniel and Cam were well explored characters, but I still don't know what to think of Luce. Arriana was my favorite character in the book.I don't have much else to say about the story other than it was a simple, face-paced read that kept my interest, and I swam right through it. I will definitely pick up the next book at the library when I can and get those questions answered that weren't answered in this book.