Aftermath (Sirantha Jax Series #5)

Aftermath - Ann Aguirre I'll just get straight to it - I was rather underwhelmed by this book.The Jax series has been fantastic... up to this point. What I like most about Aguirre's writing is it's non-stop, in-your-face, something-is-always-happening type of style. I just didn't get that with the book whatsoever.Aftermath pretty much wraps up all the loose ends in Jax's life... without much fuss. Seriously, I don't think this book had a climax and if it did, it wasn't very exciting. There was also this random exploration part that didn't seem to relate to anything that had been happening in the series thus far. It did facilitate one of my favorite parts of the book, however. The best part of the book was exploring the relationship between Jax and Vel. It was amazing reading about how close they became and getting to know Vel more. That alone saved this book and instead of a one star rating that I would have given it, I gave it three.The ending was also disappointing. I felt as if... Jax didn't learn anything, almost. Maybe I am disappointed because it's not what I would have decided to do, but I wanted better things for her.Nonetheless, I have to say this book is an essential read to the series, just for the sake of reading about Jax and Vel. For the last book in the series, I wanted something more - something with a bang...