Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom Series #1)

Magic to the Bone - Devon Monk I didn't really enjoy this book.To start off with, I was really confused by the lack of description of the world and the magic. Even after finishing this book, I still really don't know what the magic actually is, how it's used and why it needs to have "conductors" or why it has to be channeled among glass and copper wiring. I really don't get it, and when I really don't get something, I tend not to enjoy the story. The whole way through, I was just utterly confused.The story wasn't written very well, either. Sure, the story seemed to be grammatically correct and the words flowed together nicely, but after reading a paragraph or a page or a chapter, I just wasn't really pulled into the story, the characters or the world. This is such a shame too because the story really does have a lot of potential. If the magic had been explained a bit better and if the story was written in a way that I could care about what happened to its characters, I would have enjoyed this story much more. I can't really say that I am disappointed because I wasn't really expecting much to begin with. It was an ok book, and I will probably never continue with the series.